Mental Health Bootcamp
Mental Health Bootcamp is an online course designed to share the knowledge, skills and tools needed to optimize brain health, in order to maintain and improve your mental health, and situate you to achieve success. Participants of Mental Health Bootcamp will learn about:
- Mental illness including causes, risk factors, protective factors, physiological changes that occur with emphasis on the brain, symptoms, and effects.
- The concept of neuroplasticity.
- The relationship between nutrition, exercise, sleep, substance use, stress, thoughts, feelings, actions and the brain.
- Evidenced based strategies and skills that can be used to build a healthy brain.
- How to support and assist someone who may be experiencing mental health issues.
- How to access mental health resources and supports, and types of supports available.
All participants of Mental Health Bootcamp receive a certificate of completion.